Sweden is considered as one of the most innovative, progressive and technologically advanced countries in the world. It is one of the very few European countries where Master programs are taught in English. Over the years Sweden has attracted students from India and every year the number is growing.
USP of Studying in Sweden:
- Known for excellence in academics with more emphasis on skill-based learning
- Stockholm, the capital of Sweden is considered as one of the most open countries in the world.
- Among the few countries in Europe where Master programs are taught in English.
- High inflow of international students as the country is technologically advanced and innovative
- Home to some of the top multinational companies like Ericsson, Volvo Group and IKEA.
- Cost of tuition and accommodation is way cheaper compared to the USA, UK and other European countries.
Top Industries in Sweden:
- Trade and Finance
- Lund University
- Stockholm University
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Karolinska Institute
Eligibility Criteria for UG Programs:
- Bachelor program is 3 years in Sweden
- For applying to universities, students need to have 60% in class XII and 50% for admission in colleges.
- Minimum of 6.5 is required in IELTS
- SAT is not required for undergraduate programs
Eligibility Criteria for Master Programs:
- Master program is 1 to 2 years in Sweden.
- Sweden accepts 15 years of education.
- GRE is not mandatory. But for few courses, GRE is required for Master Program. Example-Master in economics
- GMAT is mandatory for taking up management programs.
- A minimum score of 6.5 is required in IELTS and English proficiency test.
There are two intakes in Sweden:
Fall- September Intake
Spring- January Intake
Note: Some institutions have rolling deadlines i.e admission can take place throughout the year.
It is advisable to start the process 8 to 9 months early to the intake time.
Part and Full-time work opportunity:
There is no limitation of hours for part time work opportunities. Students can work as many hours as they want provided they dedicate a specific amount of time to studies.
International students have got post study work for six months.
Cost of Attendance:
Cost of tuition varies between 7500 Euro to 25500 Euro per year.
Cost of living largely depends on the accommodation the student is choosing to stay in.
Cost of living varies between 700 Euro to 1500 Euro.