Singapore is the top 11th country in the world for its excellent quality of education and infrastructure. Some of the leading universities in Asia are located in Singapore. Singapore’s education system has largely contributed to the country’s economy. The education system has strong connections with industry hence students get the opportunity to gain practical experience rather than theoretical knowledge. Because of this Singapore is called the “Knowledge Powerhouse”
USP of Studying in Singapore:
- Singapore is the IT and Business hub of Asia with a very stable economy.
- Offers huge employment opportunities for international students.
- Famous for transfer programs to USA, UK and Australia
- Home to some of the top institutions in the world.
- The duration of courses at both bachelors and master’s level are shorter
- Can apply to some universities without IELTS.
- One of the safest countries in the world for International Students.
- Offers lively student life and multicultural environment.
Education System in Singapore
- Primary School- 6years
- Secondary School- 4 years
- Post-Secondary School- 3 years
- Tertiary Education
- Manufacturing and construction
- Financial Services
Top Institutes in Singapore:
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Management University
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Programs:
- A minimum percentage of 65% in class 10th and 12th is required for bachelors to apply for private universities and 90% for public universities.
- SAT is required for students who have appeared for state board exams. With students having good marks in ICSE or CBSE, SAT score is optional.
- Application to some courses needs a SAT score with some universities.
- A minimum score of 6.5 to 7 is required for IELTS and 90-100 in TOEFL.
Eligibility Criteria for Master and MBA:
- 15 years education is accepted in Singapore.
- A minimum of 55% at bachelors’ level is required to apply to universities.
- For masters GRE score is required for MBA GMAT score is required.
- For MBA programs 2-3 years’ work experience is required.
- A minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS and 80 IBT in TOEFL is required.
Time of Admission:
Singapore offers two intakes for Public Universities:
Fall: August-September Intake
Spring: January- February Intake
Note: Private Universities in Singapore offer rolling deadlines for application hence there are multiple intakes throughout the year.
Part Time and Post Study Work Right:
Students can work up to 16hrs per week as per country norms.
The post study work right for international students can be extended up to 6months maximum
Cost of Attendance:
UG- 20000S$ to 40000S$
PG- 30000S$ to 60000S$
Cost of accommodation largely depends on the kind of accommodation a student is choosing to stay in. The cost varies between 150S$ to 1000S$.