The Management Aptitude Test is an all-India test that you need to take if you are an aspiring to be an MBA. Held at numerous cities and states across the nation, MAT is the exam that you need to clear if you are planning to get yourself enrolled in an MBA college.
While the pattern of the exam is similar to that of CAT with the same subject demarcations, it is commonly believed that MAT is an easier examination in comparison to CAT.
Since 1988, MAT has been conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA) 4 times a year. The test is conducted in the months of February, May, September and December. The minimum qualification for the test is graduation in any discipline from any recognized university or equivalent recognized degree.
MAT has become popular with over 100 AICTE approved Institutions & University departments & AIMA’s testing services have been availed by more than 3,00,000 MBA aspirants in the past six years. Thus, this examination has given renewed hope to many students. Over the years, hundreds of reputed institutes have started accepting MAT scores, making MAT a leading management entrance examination in our country.
Eligibility for Exam
Students in their final-year can also provisionally appear for the exam. MAT is generally conducted on the 1st Sunday of the above mentioned months in various cities across the nation. The results are published in about three weeks after the examination and the scores are sent to the respective institutes selected by the students in their application forms.
Pattern of MAT Exam
Total Number of Questions: 200, Total Marks: 200, Time: 150 Minutes, Correct Attempt: 1 mark, Incorrect Attempt: Negative Marking (not specified).
Classroom Training for MAT: Salient Features
The Classroom Training programme is well designed to help a student crack the MAT exam. Here are its salient features
- Experienced and full time faculty for each section
- Class Assignments covering wide range of questions tested in MAT
- Doubt clearing sessions for each and every section
- Micro-sessions for individual attention
- Strategy tips by experts based on your strengths and weaknesses
- Stress buster sessions
- Institute counselling
- Focus on fundamentals of each topic
- Proper guidance from elementary to advance competent level
- Short-cut techniques to solve seemingly difficult questions
- Discussion of actual MAT questions
- Strategy to tackle the QA section of the MAT
- 7 principles of Reading Comprehension
- Techniques of mind mapping and speed reading
- Understanding the central idea of the passage
- Tackling inferential questions
- Enhancing word power
- Review of grammatical rules
- 10 step techniques to sentence completion questions
DATA ANALYSIS &SUFFICIENCY
- Vedic Math to improve speed in calculations
- Unique approaches to tackling line graphs, bar graphs, pie charts, tables, combo graphs
- Strategies to select questions, work with options, dealing with close options
- Solved examples highlighting all salient features
- Practice tests to improve speed and accuracy
INTELLIGENCE & CRITICAL REASONING
- Understanding the basics of logical and verbal reasoning
- Sharpening logical analysis
- Approach to analyze and arrange data in a structured format
- Strategies to use options and create tables for saving time
- Develop skills to tackle – analytical, verbal, logical, deductive and critical reasoning
INDIAN & GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT (GENERAL AWARENESS)
- Comprehensive Manual covering both static and dynamic part of General Awareness
- Over 500 practice questions covering the areas of political, social, national, and international, sports, business and current affairs
- Techniques to recollect information in a short span of time
- Interactive sessions to develop understanding of current topics of domestic andinternational concern for group discussion and interview
GROUP DISCUSSION AND INTERVIEW TRAINING
- 18 ways to improve Body Language
- Positive and Negative Body Language
- 24 Non-verbal behavioural interpretation
- Ways to develop self-confidence
- Video Recorded Group Discussions with instant feedback
- 3 member panel with rich industry experience for personal interview
- Common Interview mistakes
- Do’s and Don’ts of Interview
- Video Recorded Mock Interviews
- Exhaustive and interactive individual feedback
- The most comprehensive and updated study materials
- Accelerators with solved examples covering basic concepts
- Home Assignments for consolidating fundamentals
- 20 section tests to improve each section and develop strategies to tackle them
- 10 mock tests with detailed solutions
- Test papers consisting of actual MAT questions
- Comparative performance analysis on a national level
- Extensive reference material in the library
- Online GK Test
- Web-based support
ERUDITE MAT COACHING IN KOLKATA
- Tried, tested and extremely successful course curriculum
- Real MAT questions to help you understand the test better
- Special sessions to develop and strengthen basic concepts
- The course includes a free Group Discussion and Interview training
- We teach you effective time management techniques, which will significantly boost your scores
- State of the art computer lab and reference rooms
- Spoken English to improve communication skills
- Advice on
- Institute selection
- Application essays & letters of recommendation
How many times a year and when is the MAT test conducted?
MAT is conducted about 4 times each year, scheduled in the months of February, May, September and December respectively.
What is the required eligibility for MAT?
A graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University is the minimum required qualification to appear for MAT. A student appearing for final year graduation is also eligible to appear for MAT. Various management institutes or universities have different cut off marks in graduation laid, on the basis of which they select students. The prospectus of the respective institute contains the details of the various percentages required for MAT.
What is the mode of test?
There are two modes of the test. The candidate can either take a paper based test or a computer based test.
How many Management Institutes participate in MAT?
The MAT bulletin contains the list of all the management institutes that are participating in MAT. The number of participating institute varies from one test to another.
Are all the MIs / Universities recognised by AICTE?
The participating management institutes necessarily need to be AICTE approved.
Does this list keep changing or does it remain the same?
The number of MIs participating each year does not remain fixed. It varies from one MAT to another.
Does every MI / University have the same admission criteria? Do they have hostel facility?
Every institute has its own admission criteria. Hostel facilities and the annual fees and other details differ from one particular institute to another. The brochures need to be followed in order to know the details of each institute.
What is the cost of the MAT Bulletin?
A MAT bulletin comes at the price of Rs.750/- by cash. The Bulletins are available Across the AIMA, New Delhi counter, some of the Bank of Baroda branches and the AIMA nodal centers all over the entire country. The price goes up to Rs.790/- against Demand Draft (DD) by post. The candidate needs to pay this money as a consolidated fee for both the test and the receipt of the score card.
Who should the Demand Draft be in favour of?
The Demand Draft should be in favor of “AIMA-CMS”, payable at New Delhi.
What is the validity of MAT score?
The validity of the score is for a complete year in case of AIMA-CME’s PGDM & PGDITM programmes, but it lasts only for a particular session for most management institutes.
What is the last date of submission of the completed MAT OMR Form?
The MAT bulletin practically contains all the various details regarding the important dates that need to be remembered by the candidates. Some national and regional newspapers also notify the last dates for submitting the forms.
Does the applicant have to buy the prospectus of the MIs / Universities opted?
The prospectus gives clear and detailed information about the institute or the university. It is always advisable that the prospectus be purchased to get a clear idea of the institute or the university.
Is MAT held all over India? What about candidates living abroad? Can they apply for MAT?
All the leading cities in India conduct MAT and candidates living abroad too can apply for the test. MAT is conducted in the major cities abroad too.
Do we get a separate Admit Card for appearing in MAT?
The Admit card needs to be downloaded from the AIMA website. This needs to be done at least 7 days before the Test Date. The Registration Form number needs to be used in order to do this. A separate admit card is not mailed to the candidate.
Is there any age bar for MAT?
The candidate needs to meet the required eligibility criteria. There is no age bar for MAT. Irrespective of the age, if one has the necessary qualification, one can appear for MAT.
Is any job experience required to appear for MAT?
There is no need for the candidate to have a job experience to appear for MAT at all. A final year undergraduate student can also appear for MAT.
Erudite’s MAT correspondence course is the most comprehensive course to crack MAT including updated study material and maximum numbers of online Topic tests, Sectional Tests and Mock MATs with detailed performance analysis.
Students enrolling in this programme will receive study materials covering all the areas of MAT and will get a user ID and password to access online tests from any part of the country.
Study Materials Details
A comprehensive set of course material covering elementary and advanced areas of all topics in quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, logical reasoning, data sufficiency, verbal ability and reading comprehension. The course material will consist of the following books:
- Mathematics Accelerator
- Grammar Accelerator
- Vocabulary Accelerator
- Vocabulary Pocket Book
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematics Home Assignment
Erudite’s Test Series has consistently been proven to be the closest to the actual MAT. The Tests will enable Students to Evaluate their Standing in the Various Sections.
MAT Test Series
Erudite’s Test Series has been proven to be the closest to the actual MAT, year on year. Erudite tests will help you out to evaluate your standing on each topic and section.
Our Mock tests are designed after an in-depth research of previous trends and keeping in mind the L.O.D. of MAT.
- 40 Nos. of Online Elementary tests to assess basic understanding of concepts
- 40 Nos. of Online Topic tests to understand weaknesses and strengths
- 100 Nos. of Online Sectional tests aimed at integrating learning and strengthening individual test sections
- 10 Nos. of Online Strategy tests to hone strategy adaptation skills
- 10 All India Online Mock MATs with detailed performance analysis along with solutions
- Actual Online MAT papers for self evaluation
- Non-MAT tests – XAT, IIFT, SNAP, MICA (Offline), CMAT, NMAT (Online)
- Regular online doubt clearing sessions
Test Series: Elementary Tests + Topic Tests + Sectional Tests + Mock MATs + Mock Tests for Other Management Entrance Exams
Fees: Rs 4000/- (Four thousand only)+GST.
How to Order
Please contact the corporate office
The entire set of course material and Login access will be made available to you within 7 working days after receiving the payment.