BBA (Bachelor of Business administration) is a Bachelor’s degree in management. It is designed to impart knowledge of various functional areas of Business organization and also their interconnections. Bachelor of Business administration is a combination of Management, Economics and Commerce subjects.
In today’s bullish Indian economy professionalism, goal orientation and wider vision are not just associated with top managers, but have become essential even for entry – level managers.
A Bachelor in Business Administration equips and prepares aspiring managers with the required knowledge and attitude, ensuring a smooth entry into the corporate arena. After completion of BBA, one can look forward to join the following areas –
- Junior assistant/managers in outsourced research organization/ consultancies
- Junior managers in special functional departments as Marketing, Finance or Human Resource
- Junior level jobs with commercial banks, insurance firms, accounting firms, management consulting firms
- A BBA graduate can be Entrepreneur and start his/her organization .BBA graduates can join family business and implement the management skills to run and taking it to the next level.
Syllabus of BBA
The BBA programme is divided into six semesters, each semester of six months. The BBA course curriculum includes the following areas of Management:
A student will have the choice of selecting a specialization from the following domains of Management:
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
Apart from the above subjects, a college may include additional subjects to the BBA curriculum and may offer more domains of management such as supply chain management, insurance management etc as choice of specialization.
Top BBA Colleges in India
BBA Colleges in Kolkata
BBA Entrance Exam Syllabus
In order to join top B-schools for BBA, aspirants need to clear the entrance exams. Most of the BBA institutes conduct aptitude test to shortlist/select students. The questions of aptitude test are based on the following areas –
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Analysis
- General Awareness
- Business Awareness
Entrance exams of top BBA colleges in India
Indian Institute of Management, Indore IPM
The five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM), the first of its kind in India launched by IIM Indore, is a unique and creative programme to meet the aspirations of young students to become management professionals, change agents and societal leaders. IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from various schools in India. Therefore, IIM Indore’s objective is to attract young students, groom and mould them into outstanding leaders through a world class education. IPM, therefore, is a strategic fit in the overall context, vision and mission of IIM Indore. The IPM, a residential programme, is a unique opportunity for the Institute to make a contribution in this important social space. It is also an exciting option for the young boys and girls to charter their profession in the area of management with a wider scholarly academic background in a social sciences setting. Eligibility criteria for this programme is a minimum of 60% aggregate marks at Secondary/X Standard/Equivalent and at Higher Secondary/XII/+2 level/Equivalent for General and NC-OBC category candidates (55% aggregate marks at Secondary/X Standard/ Equivalent and at Higher Secondary/XII/+2 level/Equivalent for SC, ST and PWD / DA candidates). All candidates meeting the minimum eligibility mentioned above will be called for the Aptitude Test. The shortlist for Personal Interview would be based on the candidate’s performance in the Aptitude Test and the final selection would be based on their performance in Aptitude Test (AT) and Personal Interview (PI). Government of India reservation norms are followed while admitting the candidates. Further details about the admission process may be obtained from Admission section of the website.
IIM I IPM Aptitude Test Pattern
Paper comprises of 100 questions on Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability. The duration of the test is 2 hours. Each question will carry 4 marks and every wrong answer will receive a negative marking of 1 mark. For more details visit: www.iimidr.ac.in/iimi/index.php/programmes/academic-programmes/five-year-integrated-programme-in-management-ipm
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata BBA Entrance Exam
Since its introduction in 2002 under the University of Calcutta, the BBA program has evolved substantially. Today the program offered at St. Xavier’s College is possibly unique given the core values it imparts in terms of Intellectual Depth, Leadership Skills and Social Responsibility. St. Xavier’s approach to management education aims at the holistic formation of future leaders with unmatched professional competence and a strong ethical perspective.
The curriculum is flexible and broad and gives students the opportunity to develop an academic program that is tailored to their ambitions and interests. The college offers specialization in three areas: Finance and Accounting, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- A candidate may be admitted to the B.B.A.( Honours ) course provided he/she has passed the Higher Secondary Examination (+2 course conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, or an equivalent examination, recognized as such, by the University of Calcutta, in all the recognized subjects ( of full marks not being less than 100 ) including English and Pure Mathematics/Business Mathematics but excluding Environmental Studies/Environmental Education, subject to the fulfillment of the following other conditions.
- A candidate must secure a minimum of 45% marks in each paper and a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all the papers.
- No candidate will be allowed admission after a lapse of more than three years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination or discontinuation of regular degree courses of study after passing the previous qualifying examination.
- Prospective candidates seeking admission to the course will have to appear for an entrance examination. The entrance examination will comprise of Multiple Choice Questions covering three broad areas – English, Mathematics (Class XII level), and General Awareness. The examination will be of one hour.
- The candidates short listed on the basis of the score in the entrance examination and qualifying examination (i.e. WBHS / ISC / CBSE / State Boards etc.) result will have to appear for personal interview & group discussion at the college premises on specified date(s) to be announced later. The mode of final selection will be on the basis of the following weightage:
- Qualifying Examination +2 course (WBHS / ISC / CBSE / State Boards etc.) 50%
- Entrance Examination 40% (Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English Language, General Awareness/Business awareness, Data Interpretation)
- Personal Interview & GD 10%
For more details visit: www.sxccal.edu
Christ University BBA Entrance exam
The Department of Management Studies is a premier wing of Christ University, since 1991 with a clearly defined approach for creating quality managers and entrepreneurs required to face the challenges of the corporate sector. The department offers undergraduate courses in Business Management and Administration and Masters Programme in Management and Finance that are challenging and specifically designed to develop and enhance career opportunities and to contribute in the dissemination of academic and applied knowledge in business management.
Selection Process of Christ University
The duration of the Entrance Test will be for two hours. Entrance Test Pattern (First Round and Second Round): 120 Minutes – 120 Questions – 120 Marks. Each Correct Answer carries 1 mark and each Wrong Answer carries -0.25
Joint Entrance Test (Delhi University)
The written examination is designed to test the aptitude of the candidates to pursue the BBA/BBS/BFIA/ BBE courses. The selection criteria of the candidates will be based on an objective written test (common for BBS & BFIA programs) followed by an interview and group discussion.
Areas covered: Numerical Ability: 35 Questions, English: 30 Questions, Reasoning: 35 Questions, Business & General Awareness: 20 Questions.
Number of questions: 120 questions | Time: 120 minutes.
Marking: Each correct answer will get a score of plus 3 marks, each wrong answer will get a score of minus 1 mark.
For more details visit: www.du.ac.in
SET (Symbiosis University, Pune & Noida)
SET is conducted by the Symbiosis University, Pune to test students’ aptitude for their BBA programs. The entrance exam is used to shortlist students for the GD-PI stage.
Marking No negative marking for wrong incorrect answers
For more details visit: www.set-test.org
NMAT -NMIMS University, Mumbai BBA Entrance Exam
Stage 1: All eligible candidates are required to appear for NMAT (C) (National Management Aptitude Test) to be conducted in 4 Metro Cities namely Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Stage 2: Candidates will be short listed based on their performance in the Written Test. Such candidates will have to appear for a personal interview at Mumbai at their own cost.
For more details visit: nmims.info
To crack the BBA Entrance Exams you require
Proficiency in English Language
- Extensive vocabulary and correct usage
- Functional and grammatical knowledge of the language
- Good reading speed
- Good creative writing skills in English
Good command over Quantitative (mathematical) concepts
- Fundamental knowledge of various topics of class IX – XII
- Mental Math skills and ability to work with options
- Different and faster approaches to problem solving
Ability to analyze graphically represented data
- Understand various graphs and interpret data
- Ability to scan and extract the relevant data
- Very fast calculation ability
- Logical reasoning ability
- Current affairs
- Business awareness
- Group discussion
- Personal interview
BBA Entrance Test-Prep
About Erudite BBA Test Prep
In today’s dynamic and competitive world, education is vital for growth and resilience. Erudite is the best BBA/BBM entrance exam coaching Institute in Kolkata, India. Erudite has built a brand which has devoted its entire effort towards providing quality education and training to the students.The institute provides BBA entrance test-prep to enable aspirants to crack prestigious competitive national exams of top BBA colleges such as IIM Indore, Christ, Symbiosis, St. Xavier’s, J D Birla .
The Erudite classroom program for BBA entrance exams has been specifically designed to give a student a head start on theie preparation and to give him/her an edge over the other BBA aspirants. Erudite’s classroom training provides a concrete foundation on which students can build their dream careers. Erudite’s BBA programme covers top B-School BBA entrance examinations such as SET, JET, NMIMS, Christ, St. Xavier’s, J D Birla and others.
Erudite’s BBA Entrance Exam Classroom Test Prep
- Study planning and strategy counseling
- Assessment of strengths and weaknesses
- One-to-one mentoring for definite results
- Stress buster and motivational sessions
- Individual doubt clearing sessions with faculty
- Performance evaluation at every step of preparation
- Short cut techniques using Vedic Math
- Special workshops on high frequency topics
- Strategy test to enhance aptitude skills
- Mock BBA tests with detailed analysis
- Comprehensive and revised study material
- Special e-news letters on general awareness
- Special sessions on Marketing, Finance and HR
Best Classroom Training
- Extensive classroom training with online training support
- Refresher classes to help build fundamentals
- Experienced and specialized faculty for all sections
- Micro sessions to identify areas of difficulty
- Unique shortcut techniques with special focus on Vedic mathematics
Group discussion and Personal Interview
- Sessions on Group discussion skills
- Sessions on Personal Interview skills
- Video recorded practice GDs with feedback
- Video recorded Mock PIs with feedback
- Sessions on positive and negative body language
- Sessions on Personality development and communication skill